Artists are invited to submit artwork for consideration as the 2018 Blueberry Festival poster image. There are no age or location requirements.
The 2018 Blueberry Festival Poster Contest winner will be determined by a combined score based on an online vote open to the public and a panel of judges comprised of local artists, downtown business owners and public officials. Votes may be cast between Monday, May 7 and Friday, May 25 by visiting www.downtownmarquette.org. All entries will be on display at a location that will be announced at a later date. The artwork will be on display throughout that time period for those who would like to view and vote for the artwork in person. Only submissions which meet the specifications described below will be considered.
- Only original artwork submitted by the artist or the artist’s representative will be accepted. All images used in the artwork must be original.
- Only two entries allowed per artist.
- Two-dimensional artwork only.
- All media is eligible.
- Size must not exceed 11″ x 17″
- Artwork must not have been previously reproduced.
- No lettering or text on the artwork will be allowed except for an artist’s signature, which should be no larger than 1″ x 3″. Artwork submitted with lettering or text will not be accepted. If you have questions regarding this, please contact the DDA office at (906) 228-9475
- Submit actual artwork; no slides accepted.
- If your artwork is selected, you will be required to sign posters and encouraged to attend the Blueberry Festival on Friday, July 27, 2018.
- Original artwork must be clearly labeled on the back of the piece with the artist name, phone number and title of the work.
- Artwork must be submitted matted, framed or otherwise mounted and gallery ready for display.
- Artists may submit up to two entries; however, a separate entry form is required for each piece submitted.
- If the online application is not completed, each submission must be accompanied by a CD or jump drive containing a digital image of the artwork.
The winning image will be produced on festival posters and merchandise, and the winning artist receives $150 in gift certificates from downtown businesses, as well as 10 high-quality prints.
The Marquette Downtown Development Authority will retain possession and all legal rights to the artwork selected, including all reproduction and photographic rights, with credit for the artwork being given to the artist in all accompanying materials.
Poster Competition Timeline
Deadline: Tuesday, May 1, 2018. Entries must be received at the Marquette Downtown Development Authority Office: 203 South Front Street, Suite 1-B, Marquette, Michigan 49855.
Notification: Selected artist will be notified no later than Friday, June 8, 2017.
Pick-up Schedule: Artwork not selected will be available for pick-up beginning Monday, July 30 through Friday, August 3, 2018 from our office at 203 S. Front Street, Suite 1-B, Marquette, MI 49855. The Downtown Development Authority will not be held responsible for works not picked up at this time.
If you have any questions, please contact the Marquette Downtown Development Authority at (906) 228-9475 or e-mail Tara@downtownmarquette.org.